Hi readers! This is an update on my options positions. Here is the update:


First, I had an adjusted time value spread on AMD, and it expired yesterday. I am happy to say that it resulted in a nice profit! The short 110 calls were up by about 1,500$. I sold the 98 calls, which profited by about 2,000$. So, this was another successful trade! 

For the SPY straddle, I did not change much. To bring my thetas and deltas to near 0, all I did was short 21 of the October 20 426 put. In the half-day I had them, they are already up 168$, which is nice, but the profit on them will definitely go up as the expiration date comes closer. I plan to close out on the 422 puts, which are losing a lot of money right now, and use that same money to buy some puts that are closer to where the stock is right now, at around 430. I will do this to hedge against any big move to the downside, and I will buy the puts based on my delta and theta position once I close out of the 422 puts.

For future trades, I plan to put on a QQQ at-the-money straddle and an at-the-money time spread on for AMD. I will continue to adjust those and I will see what happens on those. I will be posting an update when I buy those spreads, so be on the lookout!


Here is my position right now:


That is all for now, and I will see you in the next update!

Popular posts from this blog

Trade Talk Post (Weekly Recap) - 2/18/2024